Chapter 1 - To New Beginnings!


I'm going to dedicate this chapter to Shyam for coming up with the amazing titles and Naveen for just being random. Love you guys!


"Khushiiii! Khushi! What the hell is wrong with you? Do you know him or not? Can you even hear me!? God this is useless!" "Khushiiii!!!" Alisha exclaimed as she took hold of Khushis shoulders and begun to shake her. "Earth to Khushi!"
"Yeh, yeh sorry what? Did you say something Ishu?" "Yes I did! I've been saying a lot of things for ages now! Think you went deaf to the world for a bit there. What is up with you? Are you okay?" "I'm fine, I just I dunno I need some thinking space," muttered Khushi slowly walking away. "This way Khushi! Alisha exclaimed again, grabbing her hand and leading her into the lecture hall. "I don't know what the hell has got into you, but this is our first lecture and we are attending! You can have some thinking space whilst sitting here," Alisha said in a disapproving voice and pushed her into a chair. Khushi spent half of that lecture in a sort of daze, then she got herself back together. Why was she wasting her time over a small incidence? Yeh he was in the same uni as her, so? "Time to focus Khushi!" She thought to herself and reverted her attention to what was actually happening.

"Well that was a complete waste of time! I swear I wouldn't have attended if I knew it would be this crap!" Khushi practically stormed out of the lecture hall, even leaving Alisha behind in her rage. "Okay I know I know but come on it was a little interesting," Alisha suggested attempting to see a positive side to it, as she always did. "Urgh whatever! No point in dwelling too long in it. My excitement is still here!" Khushi declared her face brightening up with that smile again. "Well that's more like it. I was worried after that whole thing this morning. What even was that?" Alisha questioned now that she was reassured her friend was back to normal. "I'll tell you about it later, it's nothing serious don't worry about it," Khushi winked.

"So are we still going to that dinner thing tonight?" Alisha asked not too sure what was happening anymore. "Of course we are! How else are we going to get to know more people?" Khushi replied, a bit surprised at the nervousness that she now saw emanating from her best friend. "We'll just go find the guy that organised it to find out what's actually happening," she continued attempting to reassure Alisha. "Okay lets go!" Alisha agreed excitedly, turning to go look for him and walked straight into another guy.

"Oh my god. Here we go!" Khushi thought to herself. "Oh I'm so sorry! I really should watch where I'm going," Alisha quickly apologised. "Oh that's okay," replied the friendly voice. "I walk into everything! I'm Aryan by the way," he quickly added. Oh no Alisha had gone into one of her "blank moments" again, Khushi quickly realised and stepped in to introduce themselves. "Hi! I'm Khushi and this is Alisha!" "Hi!" Alisha finally joined in, stepping out of her daze. "Okay nice to meet you guys!"

"So are you guys going to the dinner tonight?" He asked, not wanting to lose conversation. Aryan didn't know anyone except for his flatmates and he was eager to make friends, plus these two looked pretty nice. "Yep. Defo! Just looking for the guy that organised it so that we can find out how to get there," replied Khushi. "Oh yeh, same. I need to find out how to get there. I get lost so easily," Aryan admitted laughing. With that, the three of them walked off together to look for the organiser.

...


Zoron se dil gaa raha hai mera
Bata confusion suljha raha hai mera
Josh hai ab hosh hai aur hai junoon sa mila
Jaise raaston ne paa liya hai manzilon ka pata

Ab toh nayee subah hone ko hai
Khud se dosti hone ko hai
Zindagi yaar si hone ko hai
Ho ab toh nayee subah hone ko hai



...


"Okay! So what's up with you and this Arnav guy?" questioned Alisha as soon as they were in Khushis room, lying back on a bean bag. Khushi stopped mid-way through her unpacking and turned, "Excuse me? Me and which guy?" "Arrey Arnav! Don't pretend like you don't know!" Alisha was impatient now. She threw a cushion at Khushi. "Tell meeee!!!" "Urgh Alisha you are making a situation out of nothing. There is nothing between me and whatever his name is," Khushi replied in part annoyed with where this conversation was heading. She just wanted to unpack and relax for a bit. Alisha stood up and started pacing across the room. "Aah so the whole wink wink, gape, eyes popping out of sockets situation was obviously all in my imagination?" Khushi couldn't help but laugh. Nothing escaped Alishas eye, she had been foolish to think that particular incident had. "It's nothing huge. I just don't like him." "Then tell me why, god too much suspence!". Alisha was now on the verge of irritation.


Well basically... and Khushi started to explain why his presence irritated her so much. She had first saw Arnav at the Dubai airport, he was striding down looking the wrong way and had walked right into her. She had opened her mouth to say sorry, even though it was not her fault, but then gulped back the word. He was glaring back at her. "Can't you watch where you are going?" He growled. "Excuse me? You are the one that was looking the wrong way!" She threw back angry now. "What the? First you walk into me and then blame it on me? Unbelievable!" he retorted with gritted teeth. "What is wrong with you! I think you should actually be apologising to me!" She was nearly screaming. "Oh whatever!" And with that he had walked away. "Urgh what a rude person!" She remembered thinking to herself and stomping away, the rest of her time clouded with that annoying incidence. But of course that hadn't been the end of it. She had once again bumped into him in the queue out of Glasgow Airport. He had been moving towards his specified queue and had pushed her out of the way. "Oh my god! I'm a person not an object! If you had used a little excuse me I would have actually let you through!" She had screamed at the stranger walking away. He had turned around and she remembered her face as turning to an expression of rage almost immediately. "Oh him again!" "You need to stop getting in my way! Listen to me carefully, because I'm only going to say it once." He had threatened pointing a finger at her face. "This face, see it, it's Arnav Singh Raizadas. Got it? You walk into or get in the way of it again. You won't be going anywhere after that!" Arnav had violently threatened and strode away. Even now, thinking of that incident made Khushis blood boil. Never before had she encountered such a rude person!


"WHAT?" Alisha screeched as soon as Khushi had finished. "How rude! So he just. What? Who does that?" "Well obviously Arnav Singh Raizada" Khushi replied in annoyance, mocking Arnavs voice. "Dude just forget about it! Never mind. He's not on our campus so we probably won't see him much anyway. So much for good-looking guys being nice!" Typical Alisha stereotyping everyone, Khushi smiled and smacked her lightly. "Stop your stereotyping and lets get changed. We need to meet Aryan and get to the dinner!" 




------


Arnav looked up and their eyes met and held. She immediately looked away.


Where you been? Where you been all my life?
Girl you glistening, the way you look in the light.


He hadn't been able to get her out of his head all day. He shouldn't have been so rude to her in the airport but he had been stressed out and running late. And then he had seen her on his way out of the lecture hall. He didn't know what it was but something kept on pulling him towards her. He heard her tinkling laugh and smirked to himself. 


I can only imagine, only imagine...


For the first time Arnav was falling and he was completely unaware. 


Lyrics credit: Nayee Subah FALTU
                   I Can Only Imagine by Chris Brown feat. David Guetta





0 comments:

Post a Comment