Chapter 8 - As You Hold My Hand...


She lay snuggled up to him on her bed as he entwined and untwined his fingers with hers, his other arm around the small of her waist. She still marveled at how well their bodies moulded in together. She didn't even know how long they had just lay together like that for. She hadn't seen him all morning and he had decided to surprise her by turning up at her door that afternoon. She wanted time to stop when she was with him, she never wanted this to end.

"Babe," his husky voice pierced through her thoughts. "Hmmm". "I think I should go, it's getting late." "No," she protested, pouting. He smiled lightly and touched her lips with his, "pouting makes you look even cuter," he joked, his smiled widening. She rolled her eyes, "and joking around annoys me," she attempted to sit up but felt strong arms pull her down and suddenly she was on top of him, her face mere centimeters away from his. His chocolate brown eyes melted into hers, she could feel the raw passion emanating from within him. He brushed back the loose strands of hair from her face and cupped a side of her face as she moved her lips closer to his. They kissed passionately, their breaths mingling, his hands making patterns on her back. He didn't want to let her go, his fingers tangled through her hair, he slowly moved her head back and began kissing her neck, she made room for him by rolling over, letting him lie on top of her. She moved her head back giving him room, digging her nails into the back of his neck, her skin ablaze as his lips touched her soft skin.

Took my hand
Touched my heart
Held me close
You were always there

By my side
Night and day
Through it all
Baby, come what may

Swept away on a wave of emotion
Oh, we're caught in the eye of the storm
And whenever you smile
I can hardly believe that you're mine
Believe that you're mine

This love is ubreakable
It's unmistakable
And each time I look in your eyes
I know why
This love is untouchable
A feeling my heart just can't deny
Each time I look in your eyes
Oh, baby I know why
This love is unbreakable...

Then they both froze, their was a knock on the door. "Shit" he murmured and got up, off of her, fixing his shirt as she bit down on her lip and smiled up at him. "Now are you going to check who's at the door or just keep on staring at my face?" He smirked. She slapped his shoulder lightly, "shhhh, remember I haven't told anyone about us yet?" She whispered, openely staring at his handsome features. Arnav chuckled, she was such a child, "okayyy, shall I hide then?" he whispered back mockingly. "No we'll just pretend we aren't here," she whispered back winking playfully whilst giving him a light peck on the lips. "Oh god," he rolled his eyes and resumed kissing her neck.

"KHUSHI! I know you are in there! Open the damn door!" Came Alishas screech as she thumped on the door.

He lifted his head and raised his eyebrow, she chuckled quietly. "I think she's on to us," he whispered, his lips brushing against her ear. "I think so too," she whispered back pecking his cheek lightly. "And I think it's time I told her," she said attempting to sit up. He got up off her and rolled off the bed, fixing his shirt and hair. Khushi also got off and moved towards the door to open it.

He didn't know what to do, should he stand, should he sit, he decided to just lean against the wall. Maybe, if he stood still enough Alisha would just think he was part of the furniture. "Arnav, stop making faces! Standing like that won't make you blend into the wall." She narrowed her eyes at him, telling him off. He scowled back at her but felt happy inside at the fact that they were able to read each other so well.

Khushi opened the door by a crack, peeping out to see a growling Alisha. What was wrong with her? She forced the door open, almost slamming it against Khushi in the process. Alisha stormed into the room, saw Arnav leaning against the wall, growled at him. Then she saw the crumpled up sheets and her eyes widened, then her face turned to an expression of anger and she threw a disgusted look at Arnav. "Urgh he's such a creep!" She thought to herself.

"Khushi! Out now!" Her voice was stern, annoyed. "What? Why?" Khushi didn't know what was going on anymore. What the hell was wrong with Alisha. "I said now Khushi!" And with that Alisha dragged Khushi out of the room leaving a shocked Arnav staring back at them and then slammed the door shut on the way out.

"What the hell is wrong with you!?" Khushi shouted prying Alishas fingers off her hand and flinging it off. "What's wrong with me? What the hell is wrong with you? Do you even know what you are doing?" Alisha was furious, possibly the angriest Khushi had ever seen. "What the hell Alisha!? Stop beating around the bush and come to the point!" Khushi didn't have the patience to play games anymore, she had been cherishing her moments with Arnav and already Alisha had interrupted that and now her tone was just irritating. "Oh I will Khushi! You are sleeping with him aren't you?" Her tone was accusing, hurtful. "What?" Khushi exclaimed, "are you fucking mad?" "I'm mad? Do you think I'm stupid, him in your room at midnight! The sheets all crumpled up! You not opening the door! You not telling me about your secret affair! And you think I'm mad!" "For godsake Alisha! We were just talking! Are we not allowed to talk? What's it to you anyway? As far as I'm aware I'm allowed to make my own decisions and go out with whoever I want!" She was seething with anger now, a second away from lashing out and slapping Alisha for her accusations when suddenly she felt powerful arms grab her and drag her back. "Khushi, calm down," his voice was low, soothing, calm. He looked at Alisha now, "Alisha I don't understand what's going on but I think we should talk about this rationally and not create such a scene," he attempted to calm down the situation. "Rationally? About you!? You sick creep! Are you going to sleep with her too and then throw her away like trash? Like you do to every other girl that you've went out with?" She spat out, his face darkened almost immediately and Khushi felt his grip on her loosen. "Urgh do you know what I don't care. I only came to warn you Khushi, to tell you what kind of person he is but if you are going to take his side I don't see the point anymore," and with that Alisha stormed off, leaving a shocked Khushi and a frozen Arnav behind.

"Well?" She turned around to look at Arnav this time round, her eyes questioning. He looked up at her face, then back down again, his mind confused totally unaware of what to do. "Would you mind telling me why my friend was so angry?" Why the hell wasn't he replying? "It it must have been about those girls I slept with during freshers," he struggled out. She looked at him now, a new found anger now flushing her face, "So you mean to say I just had an argument with my best friend because you actually did go around sleeping with every whore in town? God what does that make me? Another whore?" Her tone was accusing, hurtful. "I... please don't take it the wrong way Khushi, that was a year ago, I was going through a rough patch," his voice was barely audible, shrouded with guilt and shame. "And was this another thing you wanted to keep from me Arnav? Why is it I constantly have to make an attempt to break your walls? Why am I the only one making an effort with this relationship?" She was on the edge of a breakdown now, she couldn't take it anymore. The guilt of keeping her relationship from everyone for worry that they would judge, the irritation of constantly prying answers out of Arnav had got to her and she was letting it all out. He listened to her, let her go on and let the words hit him one by one. He knew he wasn't perfect and constantly feared that she deserved someone better, would find someone better and for that he let her go on. "Urgh! This is exactly what I mean! You don't even retaliate Arnav! I can't go on like this!" She stepped into her room and shut the door in his face.

Khushi took a long hot shower that night, let the steam open her pores, open her mind. She had been wrong. Hadn't she accepted him with all his walls? Hadn't she learned how different he was to what others perceived him to be? Okay, so he had slept with all those women during freshers, was that really a crime? She felt angry at Alisha for making her lose her balance. Why did she always end up ruining things?

"I'm sorry :'("

She text him all that she could say at the time. 

It's okay babe, it never happened. Forget about it and get to sleep. Don't want to be seeing a zombified jaan in the morning ;). G'night! x

Why was he so understanding? Why did he make her feel so happy inside. The text calmed her and she slowly closed her eyes to go to sleep when it was abruptly broken through her vibrating phone.

"Khushi!" Her mothers voice was urgent, panicked at the other end of the phone. She shot awake and sat up on the bed. "Maa?" 

"Bitiya come quickly! On the next flight you can get!"

"What maa why?"

"It's your babuji he's met with an accident! He's been unconscious for more than a day. I can't handle things alone. You need to come home now bitiya." Her mothers voice was almost pleading.

"Yes I'm coming! I'm coming right now!" She flung her quilt on the flow and started to get ready, packing, throwing everything she could find into a bag. She needed to go...

Mwaha! Bet I got you there! Don't worry though she won't leave without seeing him ;). You'll get a teeny bit more of these Arnav Khushi doses ;).






0 comments:

Post a Comment